This is by no means the “PERFECT” phone, but for now, it’s close. This is Samsung after all, a brand that likes to cram as much into the phone as it can get away with. It’s features, benefits, and downfalls are listed below.
Quick overview for the average Joe or Joan:
1. Metal shell. The new metal shell design gives this the look and durability that it deserves. Adding an all-metal band to a strong glass case gives it the feel of invincibility. This being a far stretch from the chintzy plastic shells from the days of yore.
2. Metal band. The metal band around the side is split by strips of plastic to allow the antenna and other radios to make their connections – and if it looks familiar, well, it’s a very similar design to that used on the iPhone 6.
3. 5.1″ screen. Certainly not the largest of the smartphones, but a very good mid to large size. I remember when the goal was to make a cellphone so small you could fit it in your coin purse.
4. Pixels. The 5.1-inch display now packs more pixels than ever before – 1440 x 2560 in fact, which matches the Galaxy Note 4 but with a higher PPI of 577, which means you’re looking at the sharpest display on the market.
5. Colors. Samsung has brought to you a rainbow of colors, color variants, shells, skins, and cases.
6. Camera. The S6 has one of the highest power optical systems on the market, which is obvious when viewing your photos.
1. Colors. Unfortunately, US carriers didn’t see color variant as an option. At launch, and for the foreseeable future, if you pick up a Galaxy S6 or Galaxy S6 Edge from a US carrier your options will be black, white, blue topaz, and gold. You can check out Samsung Galaxy S6 color variant images on Google.com to see what you’re missing.
2. Battery. The new S6 unfortunately sports a smaller non-removable Li-Ion 2550 mAh battery. The S5 had a removable Li-Ion 2800 mAh battery. Smaller battery+more features=shorter battery life. Sorry, you can do the math.
3. Price. Full retail price is approximately an astonishing $750 for the SIM free 32GB version. If you’re like me you’ll opt. to check out amazon.com where you can find a SIM free 32GB version for around $650 if you do enough poking around.
4. Camera. The rear side of the phone has a distinct protrusion to house the more powerful optical system, which allows for smudging and possible scratches to the lens.
I hope this review was both helpful and informative. All content was researched and verified.